Sunday, March 14, 2010

No More Sweets

My name is Marci Childs, and I love sugar. Never thought I loved it so much, but really, I think do. Another thing about me is that when i REALLY set my mind to something, and have someone to keep me in check, i can do it, usually with only minimal complaining. :)
So I am publishing my goal to not eat sugar until further notice. Now this is not forever...i told Brandon that push come to shove and i haven't broke my goal...i get Christmas Candy.
I need to explain that this means, pie, cookies, brownies, licorice, Ice Cream, candy, and regular soda....but NOT Diet Pepsi. I will now explain why......
CAUSE I JUST GOT TO WHERE I CAN DRINK IT! I vowed not to drink it while i was pregnant, and stopped before i even got pregnant, just in case...so 3 months before i even got pregnant with Ky i stopped, and have not drank it until recently because once Ky was born i vowed not to drink it while i was nursing.
Diet Pepsi is my guilty pleasure, and while i know soda is not good for you, and know that caffeine is addicting, and know that i can resist it because it has been a good 21 months of not having it, I am not going to withhold drinking it, because as soon as i get pregnant again, i will have to give it up, and i would like to enjoy it for a short while. I will promise to drink Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi when available, but that is as far as i will go.
I really would like to be successful at this. I have given up sugar before. 3 months before graduation, mom said if i could not eat it for the next 3 months she would get me a new dress for graduation (dumbly i agreed, like she wouldn't have gotten me one anyway!). But i did it, so i would like to do it again, but longer.

So here is my plan simply explained for my own benefit
1. No Sweets(pie, cookies, brownies, licorice, Ice Cream, candy, regular soda, etc)
2. No soda (except my guilty pleasure)
3. The only exceptions will be Ky's, Brandon's, and my birthday cake
4. I will do so until further notice, or until December 15th
5. Once a month I will post my success of a sugar free month, or have to admit to you all that I gave in to temptation. 
I think that about sums it up. Here is to a sugar free life!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Way to go Marci! I will help you all I can....