My Kyler is a special sort of kid. When he decides he is going to do it, he does. Along those lines when he doesn't think he can or doesn't want to, there is nothing on this beautiful earth that will convince him to do it. He is a motivated kid, when he wants to be. He is a determined kid, when he wants to be.
So the last 2 months he has BEGGED for us to take his training wheels off his bike. Asking over and over and over. He just learned to pedal his bike in May, and he still had a hard time keeping it going through most of the summer. His legs needed a little more strength. And maybe i was trying to not let him grow up too fast....maybe both.
So finally this past Saturday I gave in to his pleas. Not a good mom, I know. I thought I knew what was best, and now I have mega guilt for holding him back all summer. So off the training wheels went, he wanted me to hold onto him and the bike. I tried to help him holding onto the bike, running along with him. Finally in total frustration he said, "MOM! Your making it harder, I'm frustrated with you! Just let go!" Well, gosh kid dagger to a moms heart. I thought you wanted my help. Apparently not. As soon as i let go, he flew. He was gone. He has needed a little help with take off, but overall he is a biking legend. He is a champion. I am wondering now if he ever really needed the training wheels. He had a balance bike he mastered long ago, so now, im really questioning my leaving the training wheels on his new bike in the first place. Oh well, whats done is done and he is a bike rider now. Now he keeps asking to ride to his friend Jed and Madies house, even Stockton and Talmages house (the first 2 totally could if i wasn't paranoid about the scary bad sort of people who live down our street, the last 2, ya in his dreams they live way further (like 3-6 blocks) away!!
Now what...well now he is begging for a bike ramp to jump his bike on. Oh my, Im not prepared for this! :) Here we go, broken arms, skinned knees, and happy busy outside loving perfect all American Boy.
| Oh that hangin out tongue in total concentration!!! Im in love with it! |
| again the tongue |
| and again |

No comments:
Post a Comment