Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Its Official!!!


On Monday i got my admittance letter to graduate school. I don't know if i have even mentioned on here that that was in the running for the next two years of my life, but it is!! I am so excited. When i was nearing graduation i was so sad that i was really done. I felt like i was just scratching the surface, and was really not ready to stop learning. I am ecstatic to start. It is a two year program, i only go once a week for a couple hours--like 4 or 5 i cant remember. I think i am nuts for goin back, but yet am so super excited--funny how life is like that huh!!

Ok here are the details......
Ok so i guess i forgot details on my post about graduate school, so i will clear them up now......now that I have got some sleep and am thinking more clearly than the post i made last night--well this morning..... anyway. I am going to get my degree from USU, but through extension. My classes are all satellite classes--meaning i go a classroom and watch a screen for a couple hours. The classroom i am going to is in Ephraim at Snow Collage, Utah State has an extension program there. I start on the 28th of August, and am getting so excited. I have missed school, and am happy to return....plus how nice that i can work full time and still go to school--they make grad school a little more convenient than undergrad--thats what i think right now. Hope this clears up some questions.

9 comments:

Myers Family said...

Congrats Marci! Where will you be going? I think you are absolutely CRAZY, but if you are Happy, I am happy! Way to go!

The Over Family said...

That's great about grad school! What will you be studying? Congrats!

KristiBT said...

good for you Marci!!

mkchilds said...

I am doing it through USU extention at Snow. I am doing the same degree i got my undergrad in..Family, Consumer, and Human Development.

Brooke said...

Hey best friend...I think you didn't tell me you got accepted@!!! Isn't that part of the best friend deal! ANyways, I AM SO SO SO SO EXCITED for you! I need a Master Buddy :-) And you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be there for you...just like you were for me~

COngratulations best friend!

Katie said...

Marci- it's your long lost cousin, Katie. I am SO proud of you! What an accomplishment. I found your blog through Kristi's and pretty much I couldn't miss my Burton cousins anymore right now. Your wedding picture is gorgeous I wish I could tell you that in person. Until then, here is a big hug from me. OOO! Congrats.

Luke said...

Rock on sister. I knew you would get in. As payment for editing your application letter I expect you to do your research on a subject of my choosing. You know what I am talking about right? Love you sister.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Marci! You are so smart to go on with your education. Once children arrive. . its still possible, but much harder! :)
Go for it- it will be well worth the effort1

Brittany Crane said...

Congrats Marci! I have the same question as Shanna... Where are you going to go? When do you start? I need details!!