So this past week me and Brandon went to Gunnison to help with the farming and moving cows. It turned out to be such a good weekend. This weekend was very refreshing to me. I loved growin up on a farm, and have always loved working hard. Lately being home all day has driven me kinda nuts. Even though i never run out of things to do, i still get so bored and really want more to talk to than Sadie. While she is a good listener, she doesn't respond, and I start feelin a little weird talking to someone who cannot comprehend what i am saying. This weekend landed me with the opportunity to talk with other people, and to work hard which always feels good...even having a sore bum due to the fact that it has been since last year since i was on a horse felt good. I love that i married into a family that does cows, i have always wanted to be one who got to move cows up the mountain, that always sounded like a good time, just another bonus of marrying into such an awesome and fun family. We were all lucky to come out it with only one man with bruises and swollen body parts--out of like 9 people--i think that is pretty good. The only bad part is that it was Brandon. I really think he got bucked off in hopes that it would get him out of speaking in church Sunday....ha ha...just kidding. He was on a borrowed horse who has never moved cows before, so when they let them out it might have spooked him and he started bucking. This caught Brandon off guard and he jumped off, but caught his leg on the saddle horn( not really what it was, but i dont know what the other part is called, so we are settling for the horn)--causing him to have a swollen knee and a few bruises on his knee. I am so glad that is all that happened--I really don't like seeing him get hurt--it causes me to panic a little.
Well once the cows were up on the Mountain, we came home and hauled hay for the rest of the day. I got to go straighten bales--this took me back to my childhood, and really just made my day. I loved being out there, and workin(and getting a tan). I really helped prove the fact that someday i want a family farm that me and Brandon can raise a family on. Work is so food for the soul...I love it, Brandon loves it, and i know my kids will someday too.
Hope you like the pictures and i have on thing to say about the one with Grandpa on a horse...
and that is I impressed with Grandpa--he is 75 years old and on a green broke colt--Hats off to him!!! What an amazing man!
3 comments:
Hey Marci! Looks like you had a lot of fun working on the farm! I'm jealous! :) It's too bad that you're husband got hurt...not fun at all! :) Congrats on your new job at Head Start! And way to go on your garden! I was shocked when I read about all of the veggies that you have planted. It's too bad that we don't live closer...I would love to have you teach me a thing or two about gardening! :)
Hey Marci! Loved seeing you at the reunion and loved finding your blog. Your wedding picture is so perfect. You seem like thee perfect match. I love that you haven't changed and you are still totally yourself. occasionally I update my blog- you can check it out at buerchronicles.blogspot.com
love ya, jessica
Am I still on the list for moving those cows back down in the fall?
Post a Comment