Monday, November 3, 2008

Then Comes Baby in the Baby Carraige!!


Well finally i can announce that me and Brandon are going to have a baby!!!! What a blessing this little one will be. After trying for as long as we did and it finally being here, it almost seems unreal...but we got our babies first picture taken today and saw his(her) little heart just a beating. I am 7 weeks pregnant and my due date is June 22, 2009.
It is so amazing what can happen when you stop to listen to the Spirit and follow His promptings. I got pregnant the very next month after giving up my graduate school. That is something that i really really wanted, but I had to show just how much more i wanted a baby, and once i gave up the fight, i won. Our Heavenly Father is so aware of each of us. He wants the best for us all and we just need to be willing to give ourselves to His will, and everything that is good and right will come our way. I am starting to see that I have to give up one thing to get a better thing.....if you all don't know the story behind me meeting Brandon i will give you the readers digest version.....
I was at BYU-Idaho loving life. I was loving the education i was receiving there as well as the many friends i gained there. But one day--the second day of school in fact. I woke up crying and knew that i was not supposed to be there anymore(i had just left USU a year and a half ago because i felt prompted to go). So i knelt down and prayed about it and received my answer. So after that semester i got my AA from BYU-I and headed back to USU to finish my BS. The next semester i was there, i met the most wonderful man in the world...i had to give up BYU-I to get the man i had always dreamed of marrying.
My testimony is growing in that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to succeed. He just wants us to give of ourselves to Him and trust Him to lead and guide us to where He wants us to be.

23 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh I still so so so so so smiling from ear to ear!!! I can't wait to meet little Childs. What a lucky little person they are going to be into the family they are! You and Brandon will make the best parents! We're so happy for you Marci Kay and Brandon!!!!

Love,
Brad, Brooke, and Bridger

p.s. I really think Bridger and little munchkin had it planned all long. It was all part of the plan :-)

Myers Family said...

Yay Marc!!!!!! I'm so excited for you and your little blessing! It truly is amazing what happens when we give up are grip on things and let His Will happen! I know you've been wanting this forever, and I couldn't be any happier for you guys! Congrats!

Mike and Barbara said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you guys! We really need to get together sometime!

cbo said...

YEA!!!!

Congratulations to you both. We are very happy for you.

Allie said...

Congrats on the new one on its way! I too have learned that sometimes YOUR plan isn't always HIS plan!

Unknown said...

congratulations! i am so excited for you! how are you feeling?
i want to send along a couple of links that my friends told me about when i was pregnant. the first is to register with babycenter.com. they will send you weekly updates that explain how the baby is growing that week. It is tons of fun to read what is going on with the baby!
Also, here are the links to 2 magazine subscriptions. They are both completely free. No catch, and they never send you a bill. i think the subscription lasts about 6 months.

american baby:

https://secure.americanbaby.com/bhg/store/checkout/partner/index.jsp?promoCode=I401VODFI&_requestid=21306

baby talk:

https://subs.timeinc.net/BY/by_newbiz03.jhtml?experience_id=76646&adID=N%3B12016%3B25%2C31%2C43%2C51%2C60%2C72%2C84%2C93%2C100%2C155%2C439%2C875%2C983%2C1025%2C1042%2C1102%2C1112%2C1113%2C1114%2C1115%2C1133%2C1147%2C1149%2C1150%2C1166%2C1378%2C1443%2C1684%2C1701%2C1765%2C2003%2C2067%2C2366%2C2368%2C2415%2C2460%2C2467%2C2469%2C2525%2C2686%2C2935&source_id=22&_requestid=975324&_requestid=975324

Heather Ashcroft said...

Yeah, I'm so so so so excited for you! Congratulations! When I checked your blog yesterday and saw that you would be updating soon, I had an inkling it would be something big like this. Motherhood is fabulous. Good luck with the pregnancy and keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marci....CONGRATULAIONS!!! We're so very happy for you and Brandon!
Oooh...I'm already thinking baby shower ;)
Isn't it the most wonderful and amazing thing to see that little heart beating?? There is nothing so precious.

Annie said...

A big Congratulations to you and Brandon! That's so exciting (and what a great time to have a baby)! Your post was so sweet. Loved your perspective.

Lots of love and best wishes,
Annie & family

Brittany said...

AHHHh! YAY for Marcie and Brandon! I am so flippin' excited for you! You'll be the cutest mom ever!

Anonymous said...

Marci!!! You are going to be a mommy!!! That is so amazing and awesome for you!! You are such a example to me!! I am very impressed that you are so diligent in listening to those promptings!

The Over Family said...

Congratulations Marci! I am so happy for you guys!!! :)

Sorensen Family said...

When Brandon tried to call Tyler Monday I said I bet they are expecting, then Tyler called him back and sure enough! Congrats, we are so excited for you. Before I had Landon I did not know I could Love two men so much (Tyler and Landon that is)! I love this website: www.babycenter.com they send weekly e-mails starting now talking about the development of your baby and then behavioral ones after they are born. congrats again!

Rachel said...

:) your amazing! You have so much faith to follow Heavenly Father's will. I hope these next 9 months go quickly and you dont get too sick. Next time you are down here visiting and want a free pregnancy massage just call. Consider it your baby shower gift. love you marce

jay and holl said...

I am so happy for you! how have you been feeling? have you been sick at all? thanks for your testimony, I loved it.

Anonymous said...

I am the most proud Grandma that ever was!!!!! Everytime I tell someone that Marci and Brandon are having a baby, I start to cry. Yep, every single time! I CAN'T WAIT! I love you Marci and Brandon
And besides all that, that little Childs baby will be just beautiful, don't you all agree?

BattFam said...

Congrats Marci! I knew you was going to post something fun and exciting. Kids are the greatest. THey are alot of work but very worth it.

The Douglas's said...

Congrats Marci that is so exciting

KristiBT said...

Happy news Marci!! Congratulations to you both

Jessica said...

Your announcement and faith-filled blog just made my day. I feel so happy for you. Thanks for being such a great person. Love you! Congrats and best wishes with this new journey!
jessica

DannyHollie said...

Marci!! I couldn't be happier for you and Brandon! I'm giving you a huge hug from Cedar. There is nothing more precious than a baby- especially your first. Nothing compares to that first ultrasound when you see the heart It makes me choke up just thinking about it. I'm soo thrilled for you! I hope youre feeling alright- and if not- email me and I'll give you every morning sickness remedy under the sun. I am ill the full 9 months so I'm a pro at staving off the vomit... dhjewkes@yahoo.com
Congrats to both of you. This is the best news! You will be a wonderful Mommy. :)

Brittany Crane said...

Oh Marci that is wonderful. I can't stop smiling. Now I just wish we lived closer so our kids could be buddies. I hope you aren't too sick. Love ya and again Congrats!!!!

Ashley Bennion said...

Marci Kay - I am so so so excited for you! Being a mom is the best thing ever!!! Are you going to find out what it is? I lost your blog address so I was excited to find it again! Congrats again!!!