Thursday, May 20, 2010

One Year Older....


Dear Kyler,
Oh how time has flown. I cannot believe that today you turn one year old. Your are my special little Mister. You bring unsurpassed joy into mine, and your fathers life. You have such a fun little personality that can range from cuddling in for a quick snuggle to being a little tease. You have a grin that can melt any heart that sees it.
I cannot imagine my life without you. You are my life. You are the reason I am here. I cannot wait to see you grow for another quick year…I am amazed everyday at what you have learned and how you have grown in the last 365 days. I loved you more than life the first time I held your tiny body, and each day I rock that growing body, my love grows too. You are a special little boy, and your mommy and daddy love you to death! Happy birthday little mister!
What is new with him lately….
·         He loves to tease…you as him for a kiss and he comes at ya, then at the last minute turns his cheek and gets a big ‘ol grin, saying something like, “ha ha ha, you missed!”
·         He has not only learned to crawl, but he has learned to move that crawl at a very high speed! I love to watch him cause he swings his hips when he crawls, so funny to watch
·         He is trying to learn to talk…which amazes me. Last night in the tub he wanted my drink, and he was trying to say juice aka drink and it sounds like “ju” (I think he is trying to say juice, but it is the same for milk or any cup). What a smarty! He was watching my mouth and listening so carefully when I would repeat “drink” it was like he was trying to figure out how to say it.
·         So officially we are counting these as his first words (I have mentioned them before, but its hard to remember which ones so I list them all: Dada, Mama, “Daa” (dog), “nigh, nigh” (Night, night), “jus” (Drink), "hat".  “na, na” (no, no)—hate that he has learned this…crap! :)
·         He loves the tractor! And I guess cause the tractor means dada time whenever he sees it he says “da”
·         He has gotten much more clingy since I started leaving him and going to work. While it is nice to know he misses me when I am gone, I don’t particularly find it nice to see him cry when I leave! Breaks a mamas heart!
·         He will finally put himself to sleep! We will rock him, and give him a bottle (that part soon to end, poor mister will be so sad!) once he is done just lay him down and he rolls onto his tummy and within 5 minutes that boy is out cold. So proud of you Ky! He will even put himself back to sleep when he wakes up at night…this is all a great thing that has just started to happen the last 2 weeks!
·         He absolutely loves berries! He would eat strawberries and black berries all day long if I would let him. The other day for breakfast he downed 4 strawberries and 5 blackberries in no time. He cannot get enough!
·         His other favorite foods include: Green beans, spaghetti-os, Mac and cheese, anything chicken, flavored marshmallows, yogurt, cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy and applesauce.
·         He dislikes: ground beef, I cannot get him to eat it, not even mixed in stuff, all of a sudden he doesn’t like bananas (which is weird cause they used to be a favorite, I guess strawberries replaced them) but that’s about all, he isn’t a picky eater.
·         He bites the fork when you are trying to feed him and smiles when doing so..such a tease!
·         He finally is interested in feeding himself with a spoon, now just needs to master the skill…we are getting big messes these days.
·         Found out he LOVES balloons today!
·         He waves to everyone and everything!
·         He is mischievous…he knows what he isn’t allowed to do, and still tries to sneak over and do it
·         He was put in time-out for the first time in his whole long life this week…he kept doing what we told him not to, so we put him in time-out…he was devastated and cried for the whole 30 seconds he was sent to his room, but did he learn…nope he looked at us and speedily crawled right back to the stereo…back into time out, cries, back out, right over to the stereo…this happened 4 times and he never learned his lesson…he is quite head strong I would say!
·         He knows the word “go” and will start waving (when it is just us I guess he is saying bye bye to the house :)
·         He gives great kisses—when he wants…he like to tease and come in for one, and then turn his head…silly boy!




3 comments:

Erika Ellis said...

He is so cute. What an awesome mom you are!

Myers Family said...

Happy birthday Ky! I love how good you are about keeping track of the milestones and things he does... I hope to be the same way with Eli! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nancy said...

I love the updates.
Such a great idea, and you will be loving it in all the years to come....Sure love my little Kyler B