Did you know that Clorox Wipes are essentially harmless? I didn't until me and Poison control had a chat last night around 11PM. Why? Oh because my favorite almost 3 year old son decided that they looked cuddly and fun....
I am still trying to figure out how in the crap he found these. I dont just have things like this hanging around in the house. Hello i am a licensed daycare provider. Thats a biggy, ya know keeping chemicals locked up or high enough they cant get to them. I thought i was good...apparently not. Failure as a mom. Daycare kids are safe i swear!
Anyway, he must have found them while i was running on the treadmill cause i cant hear anything when i am dieing on a motorized killer. When i went in to check on him before going to bed, like i always do, i found a horrible lemony stench in his room, and him seriously holding the open container like you would a cuddly teddy bear. the wipes strewn all over his bed, his comforter drenched in the liquidy stuff that collects at the bottom of the containers. Panic. Yup. He was OUT cold. I nudged him, he was seemingly fine. Still, i am an amateur mom, so me and poison control met and chatted. The agent lady was great. After making sure i understood that there is nothing in Clorox wipes that could hurt him, minus a possible rash where they touched his skin for too long, she said in a chipper voice, "this is a first. A child who cuddles up to Clorox wipes....maybe he wants to be a janitor when he grows up." We had a good laugh and said goodbye.
I wiped him down with a warm washcloth. He never woke up during all this panic, and continued to sleep like a baby through the night.
This morning i asked him
A) where in the heck he found them. He says, "in my room." (?dont ask, i dont know?)
B) Why did he have them in the first place? He said, "Cause i was sooo dirty, i needed to get clean mommy."
C) How in the world did i get such a cute boy who is smart enough to remember what he did the night before to help mommy understand....he says, "I love you mommy"
It would have been cooler for you all if i had a picture to display his un-smart moment. But in my hast to freak out with poison control I grabbed the container, gathered all the sheets he had pulled out, and threw off all his covers, and found new ones.Yes, bad mom day. Yes, i am still trying to figure out where he found them. No, I had a not so good night sleep even after they told me he was perfectly safe. I'm a mom, i worry.
There you have it, my not so happy milestone...making my first ever call to poison control. Being a mom is a very educational occupation. I am defiantly smarter today than when i started almost 3 years ago.

3 comments:
I love Kyler's honesty! "Mommy I was so dirty....hee hee. His mischievous little personality is only going to get better and better. It does a grandma's heart good to hear all this great stuff. Keep on being the darling mommy that you are Marci!
Oh Kyler, you provide quality entertainment. That boy is hilarious. At least you know that not only him but everything in his room is squeaky clean.
You are so funny Marci..I love to read your blogs! Little Kyler is a character for sure....and SMART too!!
Hang in there ;)
Post a Comment