Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Life

 I have to start off by saying that 4 days ago i was doing a developmental test on Brooklyn. I was trained on one in college and i love it and use it often. Yes, I am one of those moms. I try to make sure i am working on things all the time. I take great great pride in getting them 2 steps above where the average kid is. Realizing that they are kids, realizing that i cannot push them (I am NOT one of 'those' moms) Kyler is WAY above his level except in motor skills. No help is getting him there faster. :)
Anyway, I did it on Brooklyn and there was the proof that i was starting to slack. She was behind 2 steps in a couple areas. WHAT! :) One of the areas that she could improve on was imitating activities. She WILL NOT play pat-a-cake with me, she WILL-NOT play to any signs with songs or participate. She also is not imitating around the house activities (ie play talking on the phone, etc) I dont know why this bugs me, but it does. BUT, not today, not to any pushing by mom, am proud to announce she now all of a sudden crawls one handed while talking on a play phone. I think it to be AWESOME she is multitasking already and without my helping her she did just what i wanted her to do.
To add to her quick need to prove she is the brilliant girl she is...
Today i kept wiping her nose due to its constant "on" position. I was using a towel. Gross I know. But I was using an absurd amount of tissues and a girl can be thrifty ya know. :)
Anyway, We were playing on the floor. She reaches up on the couch grabs her snot rag, and proceeds to wipe my nose just the way i had been all night. I busted up laughing. She was sporting that I-am-so-proud look and followed with a big ol' smile and kiss. Gosh i love her.
(and if you are worried, she grabbed the clean part of the rag to wipe my nose with, otherwise i wouldn't have laughed, I wouldn't be bragging about it, and I would probably be puking still, cause there is one thing i cannot handle and snot is IT)

No comments: