I have been reading through several talks on Our Endowments, and thought this explains it so well, and explains the sacred reason why we went to the temple in behalf of our Quinn.
Brigham Young has indicated the following concerning the endowment:
"Let me give you a definition in brief. Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels … and gain your eternal exaltation"
I know with all my heart my big littlest brother is where he should be. I know he has peace. I know he has happiness. I know he is busily working as a missionary. I know he is with my Father in Heaven. I know he is with my dad, my Grandma Burton, my Grandma and Grandpa Petersen and all the other family who have passed on before. I am thankful for sealing power. I am thankful for forever families. I am thankful for the priesthood that makes all these sacred ordinances possible. I am thankful for Joseph Smith who gave of his life to bring this gospel back to the earth. I am thankful for all the church leaders who give of their whole self to guiding and teaching us as members of the church. I am thankful. I am blessed beyond measure.
(yes it was beyond windy)
2 comments:
Beautiful post Marci. I felt so lucky and blessed to be included. One of those signature days...always to be remembered.
this was absolutely beautiful. thanks for sharing your thoughts and the pictures. we were thinking of you all day saturday! lve you xoxo
Post a Comment