I was soooo excited. She did warn me it was going to need to be refinished and cleaned. But oh my it did!
We put it right in the house, and it was too much. A) we have a smaller house and it was in the way with daycare and the busy play that kids do. B) it stunk and my allergies were horrible.
I forgot to mention that the people who owned it before hand a ton of cats in their house. That piano was COVERED in cat hair when it came. I wiped it down, but that didnt do anything. The cats had used the legs as a nail sharperner (or whatever cats do when the scratch at stuff). Its was in bad shape.
So after whinning, we asked our oh so giving neighbors if we could put it in his shop, he has a awesome wood shop, he said sure. We told him we would work on it and have it out quick.
fast forward somewhere around SEVEN MONTHS!!
Bad, bad, bad us! I even kinda forgot about it till my friend(neighbor) reminded me it was in there.
Bad, bad, bad me!
So finally this summer we had a slow week. The only one all summer. So we headed over pulled it out into the open and opened the thing up. OH MY! IT was FULL of cat hair, stuck in the cords, hanging all over the velvet. NASTY! Not to mention that Hickory Dickory who lives in a clock, used the piano as his summer home! Need i say more. Oh my.
It took forever to get it acceptable, not perfect, i dont think thats possible. We pushed it back in and then Brandon took over. I dont have the refinsh bone in my body. I despise sanding down stuff. He on the other had enjoys it. So 4 days later, 1 can of stain, a bunch of sandpaper, a can of polyurithan we have this:
| sorry not centered, that was bad photography! |
I wish i would have taken a before picture...but imagine something gross looking and a lighter stain and you have got a good picture of what it was.
1 comment:
I will have to let Cheryl know that after a few weeks of practice you will be able to fill in when the primary pianist doesn't show. She will be so happy.
Post a Comment