Tuesday, August 16, 2011

3 Months

These months are just flying by. I cannot believe how fast a baby can grow and this is the second time i have seen it first hand, day by day.  Its amazing, truly amazing!
My sweet baby girl is growing right in front of our eyes, literally! :) I had to go to the Dr yesterday for a cold i have and i weighed her while i was there just out of curiosity...15lb 1oz(she was 13 last month). She is my chubba love!
My darling happy girl
 As for a few facts about my Sweet Pea:
* She is swatting at all her toys, especially her leap frog bouncer. Someone gave us this recently, I think its pretty cool and she does too! .
*She still loves to be swaddled. Not her legs, just her arms. To calm her down when she gets really mad (this happens far more often with her than it ever did with Ky, im afraid, very afraid of the future) we just swaddle her tight, give her a Binky, hold her tight into you, and rock her and she will go out cold in 1 minute flat!
*She loves her Binky's. I wanted her to take them so bad, now she does, and now i am scared of having to take it away in the future. Binkis, such bitter sweet blessing. :)
"Hello"
*She is still in our room, and will be for a while i think...i am too scared to have her and Ky share a room. Wimpy, maybe, but i value my sleep far more than an organized room.
*She can sleep almost 12 hours straight at night, or she can only go 6 eat and then sleep for another 6. I like the 12 hour nights best.
*She adores mobiles. We have one on the swing we have and she cant get enough of it. Kyler never even noticed it till he was like 6 months old.... Brooklyn, she found it at 2 weeks and loves loves it. So we bought her one for her crib, she loves it too. Lovely baby. She falls asleep watching it.
*She coos whenever you talk to her. I love it. Her coos are always accompanied with a big grin.
*My mom got the first, almost, giggle last week on Thursday. I have gotten a few since, but they are hard work to get.
*For all those who think she still has her full head of hair...she is loosing some. She is loosing it in the front. she has a serious receding hair line. The back is LONG, and THICK, and i hope she doesn't loose it. I can do almost anything with her hair which still leaves me speechless. I never planned on doing my 3 months hair. I can do a single pony on top, or pigtails on top. Headbands are always nice. I can do it curly or straight (although curly only lasts for about 2 hours before it just looks messy.)
*her mommy and daddy adore her, and her big brother thinks she is great and is even getting super brave and trys to pick up those 15 lbs (scares me to death)
*She tolerates tummy time. She doesn't cry, but she grunts and gives me looks of "oh honestly mom did you have to do this to me".
Big Eyes
*She is a good traveler. Besides the many trips to SLC we make, we also go to Grover, and even drove to St. George this past weekend. She does so good. We are so blessed with good travelers. She does get mad and cries when her big brother is yelling in the back (he only knows one volume when talking, LOUD), but a Binky and a hush to her brother always helps. 
*Overall she is a happy easy baby. I love her smiles, they melt me every time. So blessed to have my beautiful baby girl.

LINK to ky at 3 months if you care to compare, probably not, but i like to! (freaky side note, at 3 months ky was also 15lb 1 oz, creepy!)

1 comment:

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Hey Marci, you probably don't need/want advice on the binky thing, but I just wanted to share...I was worried too since my 2nd was such a binky baby. I got in the habit when she was a few months old of only giving her a binky at naps/bedtime and taking it right out when I'm taking her out of her crib. She was always fine with it and now when I pick her up, she does it all by herself. I figure when she's a little older it will be easier for her to give it up since she only had it at bedtime anyway...every kid's different,but it worked for us so far.