Last night as i layed in bed all alone i couldn't help but to think of this guy. . .
He is my dream boy. He is my lover boy. He is my best friend. He is perfection all wrapped up into a handsome body. He is Mr. Wonderful. He is my children's father. He is a splendid man whom i can never get enough of. He is strong. He is smart. He is MINE.
So why am I sleeping alone? He is at scout camp. He is the Scout Master (aka 2nd counselor in young mens, i didn't know 'scout master' is the '2nd counselor' till he became it :) ) He fulfills his calling to the best of his ability. He loves these boys. He does all he can for these boys. I feel so blessed to be married to a man who is so dedicated to the youth. He loves the scouting program, and wants his boys to love it too. He took 12, yes 12 boys to scout camp this week. Now, to anyone who has never had a husband serve as a 'Scout Master' let me let you in on a little secret.....it has been said, over and over and over by many different people that the Scout Master is the second most busy calling, being second only to the Bishop. At first i thought this was a serious exaggeration. Then as time has gone on, i will most likely agree. Our daddy and husband is gone sometimes 2 times a week doing activities. 1 or 2 nights a week he is just getting thing prepared for the boys activities. Plus he has meetings every Sunday. And on top of all that, in a moments notice he will be a sub in primary....and did it 2 weeks in a row with no chance to prepare a lesson and pulls off a great one both times. He is always willing to take more boys on than he has to. He has been known to let boys from another ward that wanted to go to scout camp, but their ward wasn't, come on his even though it meant he had to hustle and get all their paper work done. He has been known to have scouts with his boys and take the 10-11 year old boys too...giving him a grand total of 16+ boys all by himself....for this he has earned a great reward in heaven, seriously have you ever been around that many 10-13 year old boys. Maddess! :) He is a real leader. I love watching him teach the boys to be leaders. The priesthood is truly heavens power. It is amazing to watch my husband help young boys learn how to use it, and lead with it. It has brought tears to my eyes many a time. I had the opportunity to go to the Priesthood Preview they have for the young primary boys moving up into Young Men's. I went as a member of the Primary Presidency, but i got to sit next to my husband and watch the whole event unfold. Heaven. Really, i think that is what heaven will be like. Young boys taking charge and being so responsible. That event alone changed my life. It strengthened my testimony of the Priesthood. It strengthened my testimony of men and their Divine roll here on earth. I had a strong testimony before, but that event alone shaped my life. I am grateful for the priesthood. I am grateful for men who fulfill their callings. Men who give their whole self to the boys in the ward. Men who sacrifice so much to make sure the boys are being taught what they need to know to be strong members of the church. These boys are our future. I am grateful for my husband, a man i can look up to. A man i would love to be just like.
I am so grateful for being taught to support my husband in any calling he might have. I have been taught this lesson by so many great woman. I hate seeing woman complain about their husbands being gone so much when they are serving in their callings. Don't you want your children to see their daddy working hard to serve others? What a better way for them to see his testimony of the church. Sure, it makes things really difficult at times. Having another set of hands to get my 2 kiddos ready for church would make things oodles easier. Having another body to help get kids ready for bed would be helpful as well. Kyler would love to not have to share his daddy with the scouts 1 or 2 times a week, but i think this way he will know without a doubt that his daddy knows the scouting program is important. He will know his daddy has a testimony. For that i am grateful. Actions teach so much louder than words.
So that is a long post about what goes through my head while i lay alone in bed. I love my man. Love him with all my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment