Friday, October 14, 2011

Moments

I need to pack the diaper bag for a SLC trip tomorrow. I need to bathe my son. I need to clean and mop the kitchen. I need to vacuum my floor. I need to get something for my hunting husband for dinner before he gets home. I need to start a load of laundry. I need to put finishing touches on the Primary Program for Sunday. I desperately need sleep, and yet i am going to stop and post about how thankful i am for my little boy. I need a moment to remember him, remember how much i love being a mom and that that is why i am who i am and this is my "dream" and forget about the million (literally) things i should be doing.


This kid is special. He is insanely crazy at times. He drives me up the wall a lot. He makes messes quicker than i can clean others up. He is also one of the most sensitive kids you will meet. He knows when you are stressed. He knows when you cry you need a hug. He knows when mommy is loosing it. He is a lover. He is my special boy. He is a helper. He is handsome. He is my everything. He is my favorite son so far. He has a smile that can melt you to your chin.
So I am loosing my cool tonight. I had a Primary Program Practice today. I had to work till right before i left, so i couldn't do much for preparations...yes i work at home, no i cannot just take off when i need something, no i cannot get things done i want to even though i am home. (this is a lesson i need to learn, but having a hard time remembering just cause i am home doesn't mean i can do what 'stay-at-home' moms can) Anyway, i am also trying to get all the paperwork done with banks to sell our car. I am exhausted from having a sick little baby girl who we cannot figure out whats wrong and why she is all of a sudden not sleeping well and just fussy. I finally got home from the practice/dr appointment with Brooklyn and sat down trying to feed the inconsolable baby. Kyler got his movie on so i could do what i needed to with Brooklyn. I am running around getting bath ready, getting dinner for Ky. He comes in as calm as can be and starts putting away the little chairs we use for daycare that were still out in the kitchen. He knows i usually do this right when they all leave cause they are in the middle of the floor and right in the way. I hadn't done it, so he did it for me. Then smiles and says, "there you go mommy" and then gives my leg a hug and goes back to his movie.
*sigh* i might have shed a tear or two...or twenty. He is the perfect little boy. I love him. I love his little ways of being the sweetest boy in town. Thanks Ky. I love you more than you will ever know.

3 comments:

Adina Bucknall said...

how lovely :D

cbo said...

love this post...kids are the best.

Nancy said...

Oh, you will be so thankful you posted this sweet memory. Your an incredible mommy